Follow me on Academia.edu
Hello everybody! I am Shyam Prasad Acharya from Nepal. Currently I am involved in development and administration of National Assessment of Student Achievement conducting from Education Review Office within Ministry of Education Education. I use One Parametric Rash Model for Item Response Theory (IRT) analysis of test data. I have started this work since 2011 to till date. Beside this, I am heavily involved in mentoring teachers, teacher training/workshop and development area. My curriculum vitae presented below gives some insignts about my job and attainments. I am greatful to you for reading by page. Thank you so much.
Name: Shyam Prasad Acharya
Home Address: Tokha Municipality-6, Dhapasi, Kathmandu
Mailing Address: Education Review Office, Sanothimi, Bhaktapur
Date of Birth: 2034-08-30
Place of Birth : Rangkhani-7, Baglung, Nepal
Profession: Mathematics Instructor/Expert, Statistician
Citizenship: Nepali (3838, Baglung)
Sex : Male
Religion : Hindu
Mother tongue: Nepali
Language: Nepali and English (fluency)
||Name of institute/college
||Name of University /board
Mathematics Education :
Teacher's Effect in Learning
||Mahendra Ratna Campus, Tahachal, Ktm.
Mathematics , Research Methods,
Kathmandu Education Campus,
Padmodaya Marg, Ktm.
||Tri-chandra College, Kathmandu
||Prithvi Narayan Camput, Pokhara
||Physics, Chemistry, Math
Shree Janta Secondary School,
|Nepal SLC Board
Current Status of Involvement
- Officer, responsible to carryout National Assessment of Student Achievement (Since 2011 February)
- Lecturer of Scientific Research Methods for Science Education (part time)
Research and Publications
- National Assessment of Student Achievement of grade 3 and 5 students report 2015. (download)
- Cognitive Level of Nepalese Students, Meta-analysis article of National Assessment of Student Achievement 2011, 2012 (eight tests). (2015) (download)
- National Assessment of Student Achievement 2012 and 2015 Reports (4 Reports, 2014 and 2 reports 2015), published by Ministry of Education, Education Review Office. (Download 2012 Report)
- National Assessment of Student Achievement 2011 Reports (5 Reports 2012), published by Ministry of Education, Education Review Office. (download all in one report)
- A research report on "Teacher effect in student achievement" 2013. ( download : See the chapter in this report)
- Action Research and mini researches (3 reports)- Published by Education Training Centre 'A' Bhojpur (2010, 2011)
- (Many other locally published articles)
- Large Scale Assessment concept and practice of PISA, TIMSS, EGRA and EGMA – development, benchmarking and analysis - UNESCO, Bangkok (2014)
- Seminar attained on PISA assessment procedure and complex sampling – conducted by University of Jyvaskyla, PISA centre, Finland. (2012)
- Seminar attained on National Assessment and Utilization of National Assessment results – National Board of Education, Finland. (2012)
- Test Item Development – Training conducted by Ministry of Education. (2011)
- Educational Management training – Training conducted by NCED, Sanothimi, Bhaktapur. (2010)
- Trainer's Training (TOT) – on Teacher's Professional Development – Training conducted by NCED, Sanothimi, Bhaktapur. (2009)
- Diploma in Software Engineering ( 1 year) – Training conducted by Softtec IT, Putalishadak, Kathmandu.
- National Assessment Procedure and techniques
Training conducted by MOE (resource person Dr. Jari metsamuurenon, Consultant from Finnish Government.)
- Various educational and professional training attend — Conducted by Department of Education, NCED, MOE, RED
- National Reports and school reports of National Assessment of Student Achievement (NASA) for Education Review Office, Ministry of Education, Nepal – 2011, 2012 (completed), 2013 (ongoing)
- Assessment report of Out of school children for Samunnat Nepal- funded by Save the Children (ongoing)
- Assessment tools development and report writing of the assessment of students with disability for RCRD Bhaktapur, funded by UNICEF.
- Tools development of National Assessment (NASA) of student achievement as well as background variables and attitude scale for Ministry of Education
- National Assessment test administration coordination and implementation in NASA unit, ERO, Ministry of Education.
- Quantitative Data analysis and report writing for NASA
- Worked as Senior Instructor – Education Training Centre 'A' Bhojpur.
- Rewrite and revision of current Mathematics text books, Published by : Curriculum Development Centre, Sanothimi, Bhaktapur (Grade 1, Grade 2, Grade 3, Grade 4, Grade 8, Grade 9, Grade 10)
- Writer – Teacher's guide of Mathematics grade 1 and 2. Published by : Curriculum Development Centre, Sanothimi, Bhaktapur.
- Writer – School level dictionary of Mathematics. Published by : Curriculum Development Centre, Sanothimi, Bhaktapur.
- Writer – Asia's School level Mathematics (Grade 1, Grade 2, Grade 3, Grade 4, Grade 5, Grade 9 and Grade 10)
- Writer and editor — Teacher's Professional Development training manual for Educational Training Centre 'A', Bhojpur (2067, 2068)
- Editor – Asia's School Level Mathematics ( grade 6, 7 and 8)
- Specification Grid revision – worked in the task force formed by CDC in 2063/2064
- Worked as a team member of revising the curriculum of Grade 9 and 10, primary level grade 1 to 5 (current curriculum)
- Worked as a guest/team member of revising the curriculum of Grade 9 and 10 for competency based Mathematics curriculum (CDC).
I, the undersigned, certify that to the best of my knowledge and belief, these data correctly describe me, my qualifications and my experience.
Shyam Prasad Acharya
Date: (Sunday, 15 March 2016)